Traction motors and generators. We design, manufacture, overhaul and modernize electric motors!
SEMZ (Smila Electro Mechanical Works) is one of the largest companies in Europe, manufacturing and repairing electric motors. We focus on traction motors for railway rolling stock. In addition we work in other industries, such as heavy vehicles, urban transport, industrial lifting machines, etc. The company also manufactures a wide range of spare parts for traction motors. Electric motors.
SEMZ is located in Smila, a town in the centre of Ukraine. SEMZ was established back in 1876 as a large repair shop for steam locomotives. Nowadays, we focus on traction motors. There are 800 employees working in the company. We are proud of our qualified personnel, which helps to maintain our expertise at the highest.
Besides our business in Ukraine, SEMZ has a well developed international business concept. Our clients are Baltic, Belorussian, Russian, Polish, Mongolian, Kazakhstan Railways. We are actively developing other markets.
• Electric motors for the railway rolling stock
• Traction motors and generators
• Supporting machines
• Traction motors of trolley buses, trams, metro
• Electric motors for conveyors, rolling mills, pumps
• Electric motors for mine crushers, conveyors, pumps
• Wire saws and rock-drilling rigs
• Motors and generators for excavators
INNOVATION AND MODERNIZATION
• Modernization of combo wheel-motor sets
• Increasing traction motors power
SEMZ flexibly responds to changes in the world market situation. We are well equipped and are capable to deliver high quality products at lower cost. Our experienced and dedicated technical staff enable us to offer excellent competitive solutions to our customers.
A powerful research and production base includes a complete cycle of creating an electric machine from the design stage to mass production. To achieve the best results in production, a number of technologies, modern equipment and diagnostic devices are used:
• manufacturing parts of various configuration on laser stations
• casting parts of non-ferrous metals by centrifugal method
• application of modern high-performance metal-working equipment
• testing of traction motors
• ultrasonic and magnetic test of the shaft
• removal of the armature winding by centrifugal method
• gas-pressure welding
• dynamic molding of the commutator
• connection of the armature winding with the commutator by the method of welding with a non-consumable electrode in an inert gas environment
• vacuum-pressure impregnation
• dynamic balancing of the traction motor
• semi-automatic coil edge strip taping
• checking coils for coil-winding short circuit
• vibration test rig for testing traction motors
• determining specific losses in armature bars
• measuring axle spacing, physical alignment control of nozzle flanges of traction motors during bench-work and
At all stages of the production process there is strict quality control. In 2016 SEMZ received a certificate of compliance with ISO 9001: 2015 «Design, production, repair and testing of electric machines of locomotives and other types of rolling stock and urban electric transport».
In addition, SEMZ has successfully passed numerous state and corporate certification requirements for Eastern Europe, CIS and Central Asia.
SEMZ is the only enterprise in Ukraine which is certified by Ukrainian Railways to repair main generators and supporting machines of the railway locomotives.
SEMZ — Smila Electro Mechanical Plant
ul. Korobeynika 1, Smila, Cherkasy region,
tel: +38 04733 36309